Apply for PAN card online: PAN card is the Permanent Account Number. The PAN card issued to the citizens of India is an identity provided to the taxpayers. It is a unique ten-character alphanumeric number issued to an individual and it has a great significance. The supervision of the tasks coming under the PAN card come under the administration of the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
A Pan card is essential for the opening of a demat account, investing in mutual funds, receiving the taxable salary and for the purchase of assets above a specified limit. Here are the steps to apply for PAN card online.
Easy Steps to Apply for PAN card online
A PAN number is issued to a person only once, so make sure that you do not apply for PAN number all over again in case you already have one.
- First of all, you have to fill in an A9 application form.
- Then after reviewing the details carefully, submit the form.
- After the submission of the form, a confirmation message will appear on the screen.
- After that, you can edit the form if you feel necessary or skip and submit it.
- After the confirmation, an acknowledgement will be displayed on the screen which will include a unique 15-digit acknowledgement number.
- This acknowledgement has to be saved and printed.
- Then affix two passport size photos on the application form in the appropriate columns.
- Then sign/put Thumb impression on the application form within the provided box.
- Take note: The signature should not extend on the passport size photograph affixed.
- In case, Aadhar card details are mentioned in the application form, then you will have to attest the same.
- The processing fee for the PAN card has to be paid and the payment of which can be made through the credit/debit card, net banking or the demand draft.
More from my site